The base URL for the API is:
To guarantee data security, you will only be allowed to connect to the Sama Platform API over SSL using URLs that begin with “https”. A unique API access key will be generated for every client account during the setup stage. All API requests require that you pass your API access key as a query string parameter of your request:
For writing data in CREATE (HTTP POST) and UPDATE (HTTP PUT) operations, the Sama Platform API currently supports JSON formatted data and requires the
Content-Type header to be set to
Sama Platform supports three data format types: strings, integers, and dates. These are configured by Sama Project Managers during project setup.
String- Allows any combination of numbers, symbols and characters. Long strings (up to 16MB) are permitted.
Integer- Allows any 32-bit integer. Negatives permitted.
Date- Allows dates in ISO-8601 format (YYYY-mm-dd). All other date formats (including DateTime format) will return an error.
Each project will be set up by a Sama Project Manager. Project Managers will work closely with your team to design a customized interface and workflow on the Sama Platform.
During the project setup, our integration team will work with you to determine:
- the format and schema for your tasks
- an API access key for your system to make calls to ours
- the creation callback URL and authentication credentials for task creation results (optional, not necessary if using sync task creation or batch task creation)
- the format and schema for the completed responses
- the delivery callback URL and authentication credentials for the delivered tasks (optional, not necessary if using pull delivery)
After the business requirements have been met with the project setup Sama Engineering will be available to address any technical questions and complete the integration. A project is considered ready for production after the following steps are complete.
Initial test calls are made to a clone of your production project in order to confirm:
- task input schema by creating tasks and by verifying the creation JSON schema
- creating tasks one at a time or in batches
- creation callback URL and authentication by accepting a request from the Sama Platform (optional)
- task output schema by polling tasks and by verifying the delivery JSON schema
- delivery callback URL and format by accepting API call from the Sama Platform (optional)
- polling delivery either since given date or recently delivered ones
Once the project creation and delivery schemas are verified a small batch of tasks are completed on the Sama Platform production environment.
- approximately 50 tasks are posted to the Sama Platform production environment where they will be completed by workers
- confirm delivery of tasks
At this point your project has been tested end to end on the production server and is ready for full production volumes.